Your Face Care, Upgraded.
Shakeup exists to enhance men's self-being through self-care, with solution-driven face care products specifically designed to meet the unique needs of men's skin, empowering them to look and feel their best. We are also driven by our commitment to foster social well-being and protect our planet, weaving together compassion, consciousness, and sustainability into every aspect of our brand.
MEET SHANE AND JAKE
Shakeup is founded by twin brothers, Shane Carnell-Xu and Jake Xu.
Born in Beijing and grew up in the UK, the brothers, who use cosmetics themselves, struggled for years to find the perfect products that were best suited for their needs. So after extensive research, they set out to create their own range of vegan, cruelty-free cosmetic products, designed specifically for men's skin type and concerns.
"Our dream is for Shakeup to be included in every man’s grooming and skincare routine, helping them look and feel their 100% every day! And as a proud British brand, we want to build a global reach to promote our liberal values and forward thinking attitude, and become a leader in men’s beauty."
THE SHAKEUP STORY SO FAR
From our debut into Harvey Nichols in late 2019, Shakeup Cosmetics is now on track to become one of the UK’s fastest growing men’s beauty brands. Since the first launch, we have reached a number of exciting brand milestones and Shakeup is now:
- • Stocked in over 1,300 retail stores globally including the UK, Norway, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and China
- • Peta certified Vegan and Cruelty Free
- • Selling 1 product every 5 minutes around the world
NOT ALL SKINS ARE CREATED EQUAL
4 MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SKIN
- Testosterone stimulation makes male skin, on average, 20-25% thicker than female skin.
- Extra sebum production means male skin is oilier and shinier than female skin. As a result men are more prone to impurities and acne.
- Due to more active sebaceous glands, men tend to have more and larger pores than women.
- Shaving stresses the skin, so male skin can be more sensitive and reacts faster.
COSMETICS WITH A 'SKINCARE FIRST' MINDSET
We know that for most male cosmetic users, subtlety is key. The ideal is to look fit, fresh and healthy in as natural a way as possible.
We also understand that today’s consumers are paring down their skincare routines, so they are looking for multipurpose and multifunctional products with quality ingredients.
With our "skincare first" mindset, our innovative hybrid range combines clinically proven skincare benefits with high-performance cosmetic features, so our consumers can achieve both instantly visible results and longer-term skin health.
PROUD TO BE A CERTIFIED B CORP
In 2024, after almost a year of rigorous audit and assessment, Shakeup joined over 2,000 other UK businesses in becoming a certified B Corp.
This certification represents far more than just a mere accolade; it symbolises our unwavering commitment to driving positive change. By joining the ranks of B Corp-certified companies, we've become part of a global community dedicated to leveraging business as a force for good, tackling social and environmental challenges head-on.
HYBRID PRODUCTS = PROVEN SKINCARE BENEFITS + EFFECTIVE COSMETIC FEATURES
• SPF protection
• Certified 24-hr moisturisation
• Proven ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Antioxidant Vitamin E and Cica
• Effective coverage, instant gratification
• Evens skin tone and complexion
• Colour Correcting Technology
• Subtle undetectable and natural mattified finish
PROUDLY BRITISH, VEGAN &
ALWAYS CRUELTY FREE
Our products are both formulated and produced in the UK, ensuring the highest standards of quality. They are vegan, alcohol free, nasties free and we say NO to animal testing, always.